Brigance Brigade Foundation
[Slideshow "2013" not found]
5.7K Championship Run & 1.57 Mile Family Run / Walk
When: Sunday, May 1, 2016 – 8:00 am (rain or shine, nonrefundable)
Where: Canton Waterfront Park in Baltimore, MD; FREE parking is available at Canton Crossing Parking Lot until 2pm (1500 S. Clinton Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21224.)
Additional parking is available at Canton Crossing Shopping Center and along the streets around Canton Waterfront Park and through the Canton neighborhood.
Why: Proceeds from the race will benefit the Brigance Brigade Foundation, our mission is to equip, encourage and empower people living with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease). The Brigance Brigade Foundation improves the quality of life for ALS patients and their families by providing access to much needed equipment, support services, and resource guidance.
Race Info: The event will feature three levels of participation in honor of O.J. Brigance’s jersey number, 57: a timed 5.7K, a 1.57 Mile Family Run/Walk and a Kid’s Fun Run.
Amenities: The Entry Fee Will Provide Each Runner With Access To The Following:
- Disposable ChronTrack B-TAG Timing System That Is Built Into Your Race Bib
- Each Registered Runner Will Receive A High Quality T-Shirt With The BBF Logo
- 5.7K Finishers Will Receive A Commemorative Race Medal (runners have the option of purchasing an iTab metal plate that can be adhered to the back of the finisher’s medal. This metal plate can be engraved with anything you would like, including finishing time, inspirational message, or the name of a family member or friend you are honoring. Learn more about the iTab metal plates here.
- Following The Race, Runners Will Have Access To our Celebration Village Which Will Feature Post Race Snacks and Beverages, Harbor Views, Vendor Tents and Tables, and Music and Entertainment For All Ages Including a Kid’s Fun Zone
- Awards And Prizes Will Be Given Out To The Top 3 Finishers of the 5.7K and Top Fundraisers
We can’t do it alone! The Brigance Brigade Foundation needs your help to make sure the event runs smoothly! 5.7K volunteers help out with a variety of tasks on race day and we are looking for friendly, passionate people to lend a hand.
Please invite friends, family and colleagues to volunteer with you and spread the word! We look forward to your participation and thank you for your help!