Why should I consider a donation to the Brigance Brigade Foundation?
The Brigance Brigade Foundation equips, encourages, and empowers people living with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig’s disease).
We improve the quality of the lives of those touched by ALS through support services and grant funding for medical equipment and care not covered by traditional insurance. ALS is estimated to cost families up to $200,000 per year.
Once a person with ALS requires help with activities of daily living, family primary caregivers often face difficult decisions and challenges as they try to balance the cost and delivery of home health care with everyday living expenses, needs of children or other family members, and their own health.
The Brigance Brigade Foundation is one of the only ALS organizations that provides funding to families for in-home care so that those touched by ALS can live their lives safely and with as much independence as possible.
Thank you in advance for giving the gift of care to those in need.
Read more about the families helped by the Brigance Brigade Foundation here.
What can my donation do for ALS families?
Your contribution can give the gift of care to an ALS family in need:
- $10 will cover the cost of a gait belt so someone with ALS can move and transfer more safely.
- $25 will pay for one hour of medical care and education for a family touched by ALS.
- $50 will pay for in-home care so a family caregiver can attend their own doctor appointment.
- $150 will pay for a day of care so a caregiver can go to work.
- $250 will purchase a transfer bench or shower chair which can be repurposed for others with ALS.
- $300 – $500 will pay for an additional battery for a breathing machine not covered by standard insurance.
- $1,000 will pay the out-of-pocket costs for a communication device controlled by the eyes so the person with ALS can continue to communicate with their loved ones, friends and colleagues.
The Brigance Brigade Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) tax exempt organization and contributions of gifts are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Workplace Giving through the United Way, Community Health Charities and more…
The Brigance Brigade Foundation is a member of the Combined Health Charities of Maryland (CHCMD)! We are participating in Worksite Giving Programs throughout the State of Maryland and beyond. If you are interested in contributing to one of the campaigns listed below and would like to designate your gift to the Brigance Brigade Foundation, please see our designation number(s) for that particular campaign:
- United Way of Central Maryland Campaign: 3436
- Our designation number in the Eastern Shore, Western Maryland and Southern Maryland Campaigns: 88
- Combined Community Charities Campaign number in Frederick: 0573
- Chesapeake Bay Area Combined Federal Campaign: 37713
- United Way of Cecil County Federation number: 51261
- Maryland Charity Campaign number/ EIN: 45-4718969
How else can I get involved?
The Brigance Brigade Foundation cannot equip, encourage, and empower those battling ALS without the help of generous supporters like you. Here are a few additional ways you can give the gift of care to ALS families: